Monday, May 11, 2009

Flights of fancy

feather necklace/collar and my "sister has slapped me" face.

This is what I spent my yesterday making! My aunt in Tennessee has a bird farm, unofficially, and officially just way too many birds for one person. So she sent me a huge bag of feathers from them years ago, and I always wanted to do something with them but never knew what, so they sat in my room behind my fabric shelf for ages. I pulled them out and started looking through them, and I had a bunch of these (I couldn't tell you what kind of bird they're from off the top of my head. I think they're a tad too colorful for a sun conure, or rather too green, and I can't think of the right kind of parrot. Lemme know if you know.)

I don't know if I'll sell it. That's the problem with me and Etsy and crafts in general: anything I make I want to keep. But maybe I'll make another with a different kind of feather. I feel many feather related things coming on. You think anyone would go for that?

So, me being the fickle, fickle lady-creature that I am, I've decided to dedicate this blog to whatever I fancy at the moment. but it'll probably mostly be

  • Fashion, By which I mean me in a super duper outfit, thrift stores are my best friend.
  • Yum-yums, Why not fulfill my womanly love of baking and share them with the world?
  • Lists, as I do so love a good list.
  • Tying into fashion and what I just posted about, my various jewelry creations.

Go sporadic posting, go!


2 comments:

347Crew said...

I think the feathers are fab. too bad you don't wanna sell it! Make another...quick. maybe u can make a longer danglyer one like the chick

Becca said...

I'm already working on it! :D I'm getting really quick at wrapping the feathers, I did 5 in about 10 minutes. They're longer and more swooshy too. I should call my aunt and ask her to send more feathers, she'd be more than happy, I'm sure.